Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Freeride

It has been 10+ years since I've been on a snowboard and boy was it relishable. It was one of those moments where everything felt just right, the planets were aligned, conditions were perfect (not that I have any idea what perfect conditions are like) and not a tourist in sight. I also managed to score huge with a free lift ticket and free rental gear, theirs nothing like a FREE day of riding. Thank you Creative!


For a guy that hasn't been on a snowboard in years I sure did tear it up, as the Northerners call it. I only ate snow on 2 occasions, mostly due to the fact that i wasn't paying attention and the beer at lunch probably wasn't such a good idea. Aside from "tearing it up" and carving through powder, the view on the way up was majestic. Their is nothing more amazing than viewing a large portion of the Adirondack Park from above, well there might be one thing but it comes pretty fucking close.

view from the summit





ah, fresh powder

All in all it was a great day. On the last ride halfway down the trail I looked to my right and saw this


I'm definitely coming back before the season is over. Any takers?

No comments: